Dirty Dog Eyewear Lens Information
Dirty Dog lenses consist of layer upon layer of advanced technology bonded together to maximise UV protection and enhance the clarity of your vision for safe and durable wearing.
The lenses contain 4 UV filters for optimum UV blockage.
All Dirty Dog lenses are treated with two specially developed hard coatings to make the lenses extremely scratch resistant and prevent the deterioration of lens clarity.
DIRTY DOG LENS COLOURS
Dirty Dog eyewear provides an extensive range of lens colour options suited for the varying light conditions found in even the most extreme environments.
|Green Lenses||A good all round lens. It combines 'softness' of grey with a degree of contrast, as there is some blue block. Maximum glare reduction without distorting colours.|
|Grey Lenses||This colour is effectively natural. No alteration to colour perception. No contrast enhancing colour. Comfortable to look through. Excellent in bright glare condition.|
|Grey Flash Mirror Lenses||Reduces glare, excellent on bright days.|
|Brown Lenses||Superior visual definition. Increase contrast, enhance ground level contours in most light conditions.|
|Blue Lenses||Ideal in bright conditions.|
|Blue Mirror Lenses||Absorbs reflections across mirror surface. Ideal in bright conditions.|
|Gold Mirror Lenses||Highest contrast with additional glare block.|
|Copper Lenses||High contrast for varied light conditions. Excellent for driving and shooting.|
|Rose Lenses||Increase contrast enhancing ground level contours in low light conditions.|
|Orange Lenses||Higher contrast enhancing ground level contours in low light conditions.|
|Yellow Lenses||Highest contrast for low light conditions, 100% blue block.|
DIRTY DOG POLYCARBONATE and POLARISED POLYFILTER LENSES
Dirty Dog's are equipped with the latest lens technology in POLARISED POLYFILTER and POLYCARBONATE lenses.
POLYCARBONATE is the most impact resistant optical material available, guaranteeing the wearer protection from physical objects as well as visual comfort.
Scientifically formulated to offer exceptional defence against the suns harmful rays, our POLARISED POLYFILTER and POLYCARBONATE lenses absorb radiation that can be damaging to the human eye.
These lenses provide clear and restful vision in the most extreme environmental conditions.
Dirty Dog Polarised lenses also block 100% of reflected horizontal glare making them the perfect choice for any high glare situations like fishing, boating, skiing, driving or any situation where you need extra protection from reflected glare.
|Visibility without polarised sunglasses.||Visibility with Dirty Dog Polarised Polyfilter Sunglasses.|
DIRTY DOG LIGHT TRANSMISSION
The sunglass lens type and protection index can be identified on the Lens Transmission Profiles chart below. Light transmission ranges from 11% to 76% of available light. All transmission profiles are based on data obtained according to ANSI Z80.3 and EN 1836 test protocols. If you key in the model name or model code in the search function on www.dirtydog.com the site will show an image of the model along with lens type and frame colour.
- Index 0: Aesthetic, very low protection
- Index 1: For weak sun brightness
- Index 2: For average sun brightness
- Index 3: For strong sun brightness
- Index 4: For exceptionally strong sun brightness, but not to be used for driving a motor vehicle
LENS TRANSMISSION PROFILES CHART
|Lens||Lens Code||Light Transmission||Protection Index|
|Green Polarised Polyfilter||GPOL||15%||3|
|Grey Polarised Polyfilter||APOL||13%||3|
|Grey Silver Mirror Polycarbonate||AMPC||11%||3|
|Brown Polarised Polyfilter||CPOL||14%||3|
|Blue Polarised Polyfilter||AHPOL||42%||2|
|Blue Mirror Polycarbonate||AHMPC||27%||2|
|Gold Mirror Polarised Polyfilter||CLMPOL||18%||3|
|Gold Mirror Polycarbonate||CLMPC||18%||3|
|Yellow Polarised Polyfilter||YPOL||15%||3|
DIRTY DOG LENS MAINTENANCE
- All Dirty Dog Lenses: To help maintain the superior optical quality of Dirty Dog lenses, your eyewear comes with a microfiber pouch for cleaning and storage. Using it will preserve the superior optical quality of Dirty Dog's Polycarbonate and Polarised Polyfilter lenses. Hand wash and air-dry the microfiber pouch regularly.
- Mirror Lenses: Dirty Dog mirror lens coatings are engineered to reduce glear and improve contrast. An array of available tints allows the wearer to balance light transmission in any light condition. The mirror coating must be treated with special care to avoid scratching. Never use cleaning solutions. Use only mild soap and water, and dry by gently blotting with the Microfiber pouch provided.